Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Motivating Myself First Thing in the Morning

I originally posted this on April 19, 2009 at Cynthia's Blog.

I tend to wake up in the morning a little down and unmotivated. I don't know why. I'm not dreading anything in my day. As a matter of fact I like how I spend most of the day. I have tried to figure out the "why". I know all the wonderful things that happen in my life when I get up in the morning and dance. It changes just about everything for the better.

I give up on figuring out the "why" and trying to reason myself out of bed. I found out a better idea is to leave my shuffle next to the bed with my earphones ready to put on. Then I JUST PUSH PLAY.

What I have found out is it is impossible to lie in bed while Louie Louie by the Kingsmen is playing. Don't believe me? Just try it...

My "works every time" Go To Song - Louie Louie Louie Louie - The Best of the Kingsmen

Update 4/20 - Woke up this morning...mood my usual 4.5. I put my earbuds in, pushed play and was dancing as I got out of bed at a mood of 5. Danced 30 minutes until my mood was a 7. That's a 25% increase in my mood! What else can do that in 30 minutes? Thank you the Kingsmen and also to Steve Jobs and all the Apple folks who made my iPod shuffle! I'm a happy woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics