Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Dancing Around My Kitchen While Making Carrot Cake

I originally posted this on Cynthia's Blog on May 31, 2010.

Decided to put some music on and dance while baking my grandmother's carrot cake. I put the batter into individual bundt muffin tins.

Time of day - afternoon
danced for - 40 minutes (but a lot of stop and go while baking)
mood before - 6
mood after - 7.5

Great song to bake and dance to...Livin' For The Weekend by the O'Jays The O'Jays - The Ultimate O'Jays - Livin' for the Weekend

My Grandmother's Carrot Cake Recipe

1 cup of wesson oil (I used canola)
2 cups of sugar
3 eggs
2 cups of grated carrots
1 cup of drained, crushed pineapple
1 cup of nuts
2 1/2 cups of flour
1 t of soda
1 t of baking powder
1/2 t of salt
1 t of cinnamon
1T of vanilla

Cream oil sugar and eggs well. Add drained pineapple and carrots.

Mix well by hand...sifted flour, soda, salt, baking powder. Add to create mixture. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes (spray Pam on bundt pan). I baked small bundt muffins at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Icing
1/2 box powdered sugar
1/2 cube oleo (I used butter)
2 oz cream cheese
1T vanilla

Thin if necessary with a small amount of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics