Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Having a Go To Song

I originally posted this on Cynthia's Blog on March 31, 2009.

I sure could tell I haven't been dancing around the house for awhile. When I first started dancing I felt really stiff and like I had an anchor hanging off my back end. One thing I know from doing this in the past is in less than a week my body will feel much better.

It's important that the first song is one that is sure to get your feet tapping...even better if it gets your booty shaking. I call that first song my Go To song for the day. The Go To song will help carry you to the next song. Sometimes I play the Go To song over and over.

My Go To song today is Say Hey by Michael Franti and Spearhead. Shawna emailed me that this is the song she puts on when her kids are grumpy...they use it to dance the grumpies away. It sure works for me. If you don't have it you can click the iTunes button to download it from iTunes.Michael Franti & Spearhead - All Rebel Rockers - Say Hey (I Love You) [feat. Cherine Anderson]

Below is the Say Hey music video. What is it about people "dancing in the streets" that's always so cool?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics