Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Dancing Before Facing Unpleasant Things on Your To Do Lists

Do you have to...
1.  make an unpleasant phone call?
2.  go for a job interview?
3.  have an icky money discussion with someone?
4.  have to meet your ex to discuss child custody issues?
5.  be audited by the IRS?
6.  meet with your boss about a mistake you made?

Whenever I have something I'm dreading on my To Do list, I always dance around my living room to improve my mood and energy before diving in. I figure if I can face...whatever...with a 15-20% better mood, it's bound to help my performance and coping skills.

Here are a few songs to help...
Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Put Your Records On - Corinne Bailey Rae
Feeling Alright by Joe Cocker Feeling Alright - With a Little Help from My Friends
King of Anything by Sara Bareilles King of Anything - Kaleidoscope Heart
Suddenly I See by KT Tunstall Suddenly I See - Eye to the Telescope
Heaven by Los Lonely Boys Heaven - Los Lonely Boys (Bonus Version)
Dog Days Are Over by Florence and The Machine Dog Days Are Over - Lungs
In These Shoes by Bette Midler In These Shoes? - Bette - and yes cute shoes help too!

3 comments:

  1. I want to thank you for this little group. I love Creedence and was wondering the other day when I had done a marathon gardening bout why I hadn't heard them. Seems as if when I got my new iPhone, they didn't transfer. Lucky for me they are on my old computer. Soon when I have two seconds, they will be back. I'm going to listen to the above and see if I can spend some of my iTune account before I return to the outdoors.Thanks for the direct links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list of songs!

    Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics