Sunday, August 5, 2012

My Mood Improves Dramatically Each Time I Dance in the Kitchen!

For those who are new to Dancing in Our Kitchens and all of my posts about dancing around the house, I thought I would explain how I use the mood scale in the left column.  For years I have kept track of my mood before and after I dance around my kitchen or living room. I found that I can consistently bump up my mood by 15-20% with as little as 10 or 15 minutes of dancing.

I am not a fabulous dancer, but I am an enthusiastic one and dancing in my kitchen has changed my life. I tend to wake up a bit on the down side, usually a 4 or 5. By dancing in the morning I improve everything that happens during my day because my mood is so much better.

I keep track of my dance moods with a great little journaling app on my iPhone called Wonderful Days.
Here's what I posted today.
Danced in my Kitchen for 30 minutes
Mood before - 5
Mood after - 8
Go to Song - Suddenly I See by KT Tunstall Suddenly I See - Eye to the Telescope

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the explanation. When the smart part of my brain tells me writing is too hard and I don't do it well, I dance until my creative part shouts down the grammar police.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics