Friday, June 21, 2013

Twenty Great Summer Songs

Summer makes me want to do a happy dance, especially when the garden is in bloom, the string of party patio lights are on, everything is swept and watered, the pillows are plumped on the glider, there is beer and wine in the cooler and friends are on the way over.

... and summer music of course...
Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffett
Curvas Peligrosas - Extra Large
Fun, Fun, Fun by the Beach Boys 
Summertime - Janis Joplin
Summertime Blues - Eddie Cochran
Summer Breeze - Jason Mraz
Saturday in the Park - Chicago
Summer - War
Under the Boardwalk - the Drifters
In the Summertime - Mungo Jerry
Hot Fun in the Summertime - Sly and the Family Stone
Surfin' USA - the Beach Boys (Actually all of the Beach Boys songs remind me of summer!)
Surf City - Jan and Dean
Wipe Out - the Safries
Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka dot Bikini - Bryan Highland
Summer City - the Lovin' Spoonful
Heat Wave - Martha and the Vandellas
The Girl from Ipanema - Amy Winehouse
Summer Rain - Johnny Rivers
Sunny Afternoon - the Kinks

8 comments:

  1. I never knew Amy Winehouse sang "The Girl from Ipanema". Great list of songs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing as Kay Lynn! Will have to go listen to that now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I can't believe you included Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini! When I was in kindergarten the dad next door was a DJ and his kids and I used to sing that. I didn't think anyone else would remember that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't thought about "Wipe Out" in a while. My friends and I used to pretend to surf while listening to that song. We even lived in bike-able distance from the Pacific in Orange County (but we weren't really athletic enough to surf for real). But it was fun anyway to pretend that we were part of the local surfing culture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will have to listen to some of these versions.

    Had a friend who was a drummer, and she could play an AWESOME version of Wipeout. Blew them away at her church talent contest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kay Lynn and Lois - I know. I was surprised to hear it too. I like her version. Amy Winehouse was so great... what a waste.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna - I thought everyone knew the Itsy Bitsy Teen Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen and Beverly - Maybe we should have our own make believe surfing contest! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics