Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Freestyle Dancing Reduces the Onset of Dementia

I just read a terrific article in Psychology Today by neuropsychologist Jenni Ogden, Ph.D. She describes a research study reported in The New England Journal of Medicine. The findings of the study suggest that freestyle dancing (as in the kind I do in my kitchen and living room) is one of the best activities to "stave off cognitive decline and delay the onset of dementia."

Soooo...let me get this straight. If I dance around my house, I am having fun, exercising my body, losing weight, improving my mood by 15-20% and reducing the chances of dementia?!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is the best news I've heard all day!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lois - I know isn't it great. Just getting ready to go put on a little Aretha...

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics