Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Music to go with My New Hat

a list of songs to go with my new hat
So what is it about a new hat that makes you want to get up and dance?

1.   You Can Leave Your Hat On - Joe Cocker - This song was written by Randy Newman in 1972. But Joe Cocker made it famous when he sang it for the movie 9 1/2 Weeks. Tom Jones sang it for The Full Monty.

2.   Leopard-Skin Pill Box Hat - John Mellencamp - Bob Dylan wrote this song for his 1966 Blonde on Blonde album. But John Mellencamp's recording is my favorite.

3.   Wherever I Lay My Hat - Taylor Hicks  - This was written by Marvin Gaye and sung by so many. I love Taylor Hick's version.

4.   Hats - Amy Grant - A great song for dancing around the house when you feel like you are wearing way too many hats.

5.   Don't Touch My Hat - Lyle Lovett - What can I say? It's so Lyle Lovett

6.   Big Hat No Cattle - Eli Barsi - This is another great song by Randy Newman. We've all known men like this. It reminds me of some politicians.

7.   Hat Full of Stars - Cyndi Lauper

8.   Top Hat, White Tie - Ella Fitzgerald - This song was written by Irving Berlin for Fred Astaire in 1935. Many have recorded it. Great version by Ella Fitzgerald.

9.   My Hat's on the Side of My Head - Lynwood Slim and the Igor Prado Band

10. Top Hat Bar and Grill - Jim Croce - This song was written by Croce about some of the places he had worked in. He died way too early, in a plane crash in 1973. He was only 30 years old.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah what is it about hats and dancing? Nothing beats Fred Astaire "Top Hat White Tie & Tails" though. It is is an ageless classic. There are some great youtube videos of this classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the name of your blog. Great idea and appreciate the love of music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Off to grab my hat and dance around the room with my granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat to find your blog in the UBC. I discovered it a while ago and have it linked to my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics