Saturday, April 6, 2013

Keep On Dancing

Fifteen minutes in my little dance world and I am a new woman... happier, more energetic, and feeling ready to take on the world and any problems I am trying to work out. How does that happen? I don't know but it works EVERY SINGLE TIME, and I have been doing it for years. The dancing doesn't have to be pretty. It just has to be enthusiastic. As a matter of fact, sometimes I think the uglier and sillier I dance the more it improves my mood. Dancing in the kitchen is not to be taken seriously.

The right music makes all the difference in getting me up out of my chair, away from my computer and dancing around my house. Here are 10 songs that are guaranteed to get me dancing. They are oldies but put a shimmy in my spirit, a strut in my walk and rhythm back into my soul! Guaranteed.

1.   Respect by the Queen of Soul - Aretha Franklin 
2.   Shake, Rattle and Roll by Joe Turner
3.   Born on the Bayou by John Fogerty
4.   Boogie Shoes by KC and the Sunshine Band
5.   Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go by Wham
6.   Louie Louie by The Kingsmen
7.   All Shook Up by Elvis Presley
8    The Shoop Shoop Song by Betty Everett
9.   The Clapping Song by Shirley Ellis
10.  Smooth by Santana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics